We’ve all felt it. Stress. It’s inevitable.
As WebMDdescribes stress, it is “any change in the environment that requires your body to react and adust response. The body reacts to these changes with physical, mental, and emotionional responses.”
It can be a positive force. Short term stress can be helpful, motivating you to perform well in your tasks. However, often enough, it’s a negative force and can lead to serious health problems.
Good news is that there are ways ways to manage stress as well as alleviate it. Pop by Energy Spa & Wellness and let us help you de-stress with our spa treatments for the specific type of stress you are facing.
1. Headaches. Our Head & Shoulder Therapy is a great choice to relieve your headache. A research published in the American Journal of Public Health  showed that massage therapy is effective in reducing the number of headaches. This massage concentrates on stressed points of the upper back, shoulders, neck, and head.
2. Anxiety. Try our Relaxing Massage and choose your preferred massage oil with pure essential oils. The soothing aromas of the oils in combination with the gentle gliding strokes of the massage, which is thought to lower cortisol levels (the body’s stress hormones) and and increase serotonin (hormones that regulate your mood). In turn, your body is able to fight off anxiety as well as pain.
3. Muscle tension or pain. Speaking of pain, an article in the New York Times, Dr. Mark A. Tarnopolsky, a professor of pediatrics and medicine at McMaster University in Ontario, suggested in his study that a massage can reduce pain and suppress inflammation. With that in mind, we suggest Balneotherapy, an effective water therapy infused with mineral salts. The anatomically designed hydrobath tub with jets methodically massage the body to relieve tense muscles, and stimulates blood and lymph circulation, leaving the body relaxed and revitalized.
4. Insomnia. Lack of sleep can get to the best of us. Studies  have shown that massage can help you to fall asleep faster, improve your quality of sleep, and feel better when you wake up. Try our signature Hot Stone Relaxation Combo. It is one of customer favorites for a reason! The combination of Hot Stone and Swedish massage techniques have a sedative effect that can reduce stress and promote deep relaxation.
5. Skin problems. Try the Coconut and Organic Honey Wrap. Coconut is well known to contain saturated fats for repairing skin’s natural barrier and hydrating the skin, as well as its antimicrobial properties to destroy any bacteria on your skin’s surface. Honey “has wonderful natural antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties, making it valuable for treating burns and skin conditions.” The two combined is super beneficial to the skin, especially to deeply hydrate, brighten complexion, and add a healthy glow. It also effectively evens out skin tone and lightens age spots.
It’s always good to consult your spa therapist about the stresses in your life so they can properly suggest the best spa treatment for you. To know more about our spa treatments, call us at 03-4256 8833 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Quinn, C., Chandler, C. & Moraska, A. 2002, “Massage therapy and frequency of chronic tension headaches”, American Journal of Public Health, vol. 92, no. 10, pp. 1657-61.
2. Hachul, H. et al. “The Beneficial Effects of Massage Therapy for Insomnia in Postmenopausal Women.” Sleep Science 7.2 (2014): 114–116. PMC. Web. 29 June 2018.